Author Topic: Tilted Kilt - CLOSED  (Read 11898 times)

Offline jehu

• View Profile
Should read "For more info PM Soshin"

Tilted Kilt opening a new spot in Jersey City's waterfront area
By Ron Stein/The Jersey Journal
on March 22, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Looking for a new place to watch the big game or grab a few drinks with friends? Tilted Kilt, opened in Jersey City, yesterday at 201 Marin Blvd.

The 4,800 square foot eatery and pub offers a large beer selection including standard drafts, as well as more than 25 craft bottles.

The food menu has everything from wraps and salads to bar snacks.

Tilted Kilt has a location on Jackson Street in Hoboken.

We figured that Jersey City would be another good target market to open, said general manager Adam Hendricks. We dont believe there is a sports bar of this caliber in Jersey City and we thought this would be a good opportunity.

Food will be served from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday with the bar open until 1 a.m. and 11 a.m. to midnight with the bar open until 2 on Friday through Sunday.

For more information, call (201) 984-9346.
TheFang: yeah, i gotta agree with jehu here

Darna: we had a lovely shat with mrs binky this morning

stephen: Hmm I'm as clueless as you are.

Darna: could someone please splain to me why a person in a gang is called a gangbanger but a gangbang has nothing to do with gang activity?

shahaggy: can't believe I'm saying this but +1 jehu

[02:58 PM] MCA: it's not stalking, it's caring enough to find out things she won't tell you herself

[01:35 PM] shahaggy: fine but jehu's correct

TheFang: as much as it pains me to say, jehu might be right.

One time, I hired a monkey to take notes for me in class. I would just sit back with my mind completely blank while the monkey scribbled on little pieces of paper. At the end of the week, the teacher said, "Class, I want you to write a pape

Online MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03-22-2013, 10:24am »
By Ron Stein/The Jersey Journal
on March 22, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Looking for a new place to watch the big game or grab a few drinks with friends? Tilted Kilt, opened in Jersey City, yesterday at 201 Marin Blvd.

The 4,800 square foot eatery and pub offers a large beer selection including standard drafts, as well as more than 25 craft bottles.

The food menu has everything from wraps and salads to bar snacks.

Tilted Kilt has a location on Jackson Street in Hoboken.

We figured that Jersey City would be another good target market to open, said general manager Adam Hendricks. We dont believe there is a sports bar of this caliber in Jersey City and we thought this would be a good opportunity.

Food will be served from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday with the bar open until 1 a.m. and 11 a.m. to midnight with the bar open until 2 on Friday through Sunday.

For more information, call (201) 984-9346.

Online MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tilted Kilt
« Reply #22 on: 03-22-2013, 10:22am »
I predict I'll never set foot in this place (unless they really do have Tennants).  I couldn't even find the beer list on the website and the Tartan Hooters vibe is already annoying.

:rofl:

I wish I could've bet money on this.

Offline Soshin

• "coal eating wangophange"
    • View Profile
    • Buddha in the beerglass
« Reply #21 on: 11-22-2011, 08:40pm »
There are many obvious problems with this advert , not least the idea that it is actually sunny in Scotland and that the pubs are not filled with drunken psychopaths, however despite that it still makes something move in the heart of my bottom.

Which part do you like best? The part where they suggest you quit your well paying job in London to become a full time alcoholic?

:soshin: Aye.
"god hates you. you will all go to yuppie hell. in yuppie hell there is no starbucks or hole foods or sushi bar. in yuppie hell you will work 16 hours a day in a bodega. in yuppie hell your car will not start when the sweeper is coming down the street. in yuppie hell your doorman will terrorize you and have sex with your wife or husband...when you are at work....in the bodega. in yuppie hell you will go to the laundromat and lose your last quarter in a broken washing machine. in yuppie hell you will buy all your food and clothing at the 99 cent store. in yuppie hell there are no cell phones, you will use a pay phone. a filthy pay phone".      -   Cat_Man Dude

Offline Soshin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11-22-2011, 08:39pm »
Och aye the noo,
Tennents is the Scottish Budweiser.
For a truly Scottish feel this place should serve deep fried mars bars washed down with bottles of Buckfast Tonic wine.

Nice try.  Buckfast is ENGLISH , we just happen to consume 75% of their yearly manufacturing quota.

:nana: Wreck the Hoose Juice :nana:

I know, I've been to the Abbey. Mars Bars are English too.
What's your point?
While we're on the subject, I could murder a Tunnock's teacake right now.

My point is the English are not Celtic therefore a "Celtic themed" bar would not sell Buckfast.

You can get Tunnocks in any good West Indian bodega.  Mostly the Caramels but sometimes you'll see the teacakes.
"god hates you. you will all go to yuppie hell. in yuppie hell there is no starbucks or hole foods or sushi bar. in yuppie hell you will work 16 hours a day in a bodega. in yuppie hell your car will not start when the sweeper is coming down the street. in yuppie hell your doorman will terrorize you and have sex with your wife or husband...when you are at work....in the bodega. in yuppie hell you will go to the laundromat and lose your last quarter in a broken washing machine. in yuppie hell you will buy all your food and clothing at the 99 cent store. in yuppie hell there are no cell phones, you will use a pay phone. a filthy pay phone".      -   Cat_Man Dude

Online CeeDub

• Administrator
  • [Wed 12:33] <missa> thats it! CW IS BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11-22-2011, 04:30pm »
Nobody ever lost a buck underestimating the taste of the American public. (P. T. Barnum)

And, on the subject of Breastaurants, our neighbors to the north had this to say back in late spring . . .

notice anyone familiar in the comments section?
« Last Edit: 11-22-2011, 05:18pm by CeeDub »

Offline Frank M

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11-22-2011, 04:25pm »
Ive never understood why there's any demand for bad food, cheap beer, and softcore... much less all three combined into a themed restaurant.

Offline fasteddie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11-22-2011, 06:57am »
There are many obvious problems with this advert , not least the idea that it is actually sunny in Scotland and that the pubs are not filled with drunken psychopaths, however despite that it still makes something move in the heart of my bottom.

Which part do you like best? The part where they suggest you quit your well paying job in London to become a full time alcoholic?

Offline devb

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11-21-2011, 11:57pm »
I predict I'll never set foot in this place (unless they really do have Tennants).

I'll go if it's one of those David Tennants. No Homoboken.

They got a C+ on Beeradvocate. I was making a bad joke.

Offline Soshin

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11-21-2011, 10:55pm »
I predict I'll never set foot in this place (unless they really do have Tennants).

There are many obvious problems with this
advert
, not least the idea that it is actually sunny in Scotland and that the pubs are not filled with drunken psychopaths, however despite that it still makes something move in the heart of my bottom.

Offline devb

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11-21-2011, 10:40pm »

Offline Soshin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11-21-2011, 10:13pm »
Och aye the noo,
Tennents is the Scottish Budweiser.
For a truly Scottish feel this place should serve deep fried mars bars washed down with bottles of Buckfast Tonic wine.

Nice try.  Buckfast is ENGLISH , we just happen to consume 75% of their yearly manufacturing quota.

:nana: Wreck the Hoose Juice :nana:

Offline Soshin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11-21-2011, 06:30pm »
I predict I'll never set foot in this place (unless they really do have Tennants).  I couldn't even find the beer list on the website and the Tartan Hooters vibe is already annoying.

Offline Rabelais

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11-21-2011, 04:49pm »
Really? That is nice? Oy vey!
Did you even look at their beer selection? ICK!

We are finally getting nice things in JC!!! :nana:

Oh great... a glorified Chili's in which scantily clad women serve your drinks...!?

The Hoboken joint is already open, I haven't been there yet.

I'm simply reporting, I don't share the enthusiasm. I'm told the tap selections isn't that bad, though.
[02:35 PM] jehu: and the only people on here who gives good advice are few.

Offline jehu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11-21-2011, 04:48pm »
Nah, I didn't get that far.  :-\

Oh great... a glorified Chili's in which scantily clad women serve your drinks...!?

Darna: could someone please splain to me why a person in a gang is called a gangbanger but a gangbang has nothing to do with gang activity?

[02:58 PM] MCA: it's not stalking, it's caring enough to find out things she won't tell you herself

One time, I hired a monkey to take notes for me in class. I would just sit back with my mind completely blank while the monkey scribbled on little pieces of paper. At the end of the week, the teacher said, "Class, I want you to write a pape

Offline PuddinPop

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11-21-2011, 04:47pm »

Offline jehu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11-21-2011, 04:45pm »

Offline PuddinPop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-21-2011, 04:43pm »

Offline Rabelais

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-21-2011, 03:57pm »

Offline fasteddie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-21-2011, 03:55pm »
What kind of bogus :soshin: joint is this? There's no haggis on the menu!

Online CeeDub

• Administrator
  • [Wed 12:33] <missa> thats it! CW IS BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-21-2011, 03:49pm »
Seems they have a franchise at 800 Jackson St in Homophoboken . . .

Offline Rabelais

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-21-2011, 03:21pm »
:nerd: A beer salesperson told me the rumor is true.  :pint:

Online MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-21-2011, 02:42pm »
I predict :soshin: will love this place.

Offline duke_of_earl

• View Profile
Tilted Kilt - CLOSED
« Reply #1 on: 11-21-2011, 02:18pm »
201 Marin Boulevard  Jersey City, NJ 07302-6491

Perhaps rumor for now, but it sounds like a Tilted Kilt is coming.

duke
« Last Edit: 05-30-2017, 11:15am by MA »

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

Tilted Kilt - CLOSED
« Reply #1 on: 11-21-2011, 02:18pm »