Author Topic: Trolley Car Bar & Grill  (Read 8608 times)

Offline Rabelais

• View Profile
Re: Trolley Car Bar & Grill
« Reply #3 on: 02-04-2012, 10:27am »
I should have mentioned that there are 7 large screens around the bar.
The Riverview Neighborhood Association is having their Super Bowl party there.
[02:35 PM] jehu: and the only people on here who gives good advice are few.

Offline CeeDub

• Administrator
  • [Wed 12:33] <missa> thats it! CW IS BANNED
    • View Profile
Re: Trolley Car Bar & Grill
« Reply #2 on: 02-01-2012, 11:26pm »
Ferry Street, that rings a bell, eh, who lives over there?  HHHhmmmmm? :healy:

Nice to have options

Offline Rabelais

• View Profile
Trolley Car Bar & Grill
« Reply #1 on: 02-01-2012, 11:20pm »
Trolley Car Bar & Grill
328 Palisades Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07307
201 360 3233

Open 7 days a week
3:00 PM to closing, temporarily
11:00 AM to closing, after the kitchen opens

The Trolley Car Bar and Grill is located on the corner pf Palisades and Ferry, previously occupied by Little One's Tavern. In sharp contrast to the previous establishment, Trolley Car has large open windows in the front and a much more welcoming feel.

I was greeted at the door by one of the owners, a friendly sort. The bar area appears to have been updated, in contrast to the original tin on the inside walls of the exterior I was told that the tin walls were hidden under several layers. Very cool!

The tap beer selection is pretty ordinary - Stella, Bud light, Guinness, Coors Light Blue Moon and Yuengling. What I saw of the bottled beer selection was no more impressive -Presidente, Corona Light,   Becks, Becks Dark, Modelo Especial, Bud light Lime, Bass, Amstel Light, Dos Equis, Killians, Sam Adams Lager, Hoegaarden and Guinness Foreign Stout. Certainly an upgrade from a dive, but not the gentrified selection they're going for.

The booze selection is also routine - not bad, but without a selection of single malts or even a singe rye. There were also a  few signs of its urban heritage, like Alize and Hpnotiq.

The kitchen isn't yet open for business. Their idea is to serve food similar to Piccolo's in Hoboken, according to the owner, with some shellfish on the weekends. A good cheesesteak or roast beef sandwich would be great with a cold brew.

For a bar open less than a month that's done no advertising, the crowd was pretty good and friendly. I recognized some of the people from the Riverview Neighborhood Association and the Washington Park Association. I'd arrived early and stayed longer than I'd expected.   :pint:

This appears to be a bar transitioning in a positive direction. I'll be back sooner rather than later.
[02:35 PM] jehu: and the only people on here who gives good advice are few.

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

Trolley Car Bar & Grill
« Reply #1 on: 02-01-2012, 11:20pm »