Author Topic: Transmission  (Read 4817 times)

Offline MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile

New Jersey City venue Transmission giving club experience a warm, welcoming makeover
By Summer Dawn Hortillosa | The Jersey Journal
on July 31, 2015 at 12:40 PM, updated August 01, 2015 at 11:08 PM

After years of partying at hot, crowded and impersonal clubs, Howard Brunner decided he had enough.

Looking to revolutionize the club experience, the Jersey City resident is opening Transmission, a 5,000-square-foot bar, lounge and performance space in the Powerhouse Arts District. While it has all the regular fixings of some of NYC's most popular spots, the new venue aims to make going to the club a funner, more comfortable and intimate experience.

Transmission is Brunner's house party, currently pumping Thursdays through Saturdays. The rules are simple: you can wear anything, as long as you're the "best version of yourself." And everyone is a VIP -- "That's a gross term," says the Sydney, Australia, native. "Everyone here is very important."

Step into the club and you're greeted by a DJ in the front lounge, Brunner's way of showing that Transmission is "all about music."

While the DJ booth blasts house music (but not at a level you can't talk over, Brunner says), a piano on the other side of the room pays tribute to more traditional music, and their club room aims to host a variety of events, from rock shows to burlesque.

Here, Brunner encourages guests to feel at home, relaxing on American Empire couches that aren't your grandma's antiques, or on modern acrylic furniture meant to move around the space. Or, they can take a seat at the horseshoe bar and enjoy drinks chilled in an ornate antique clawfoot tub.

"The real beauty of a horseshoe bar is that you have a lot of linear feet but people are not very far from each other," said Brunner. "This is a place for people to connect. The reason a lot of people don't go to lounges and clubs is because it's not intimate -- I want to create the same warmth you'd find in a quintessential Irish pub, but in a lounge setting."

Brunner says he wants an eclectic scene reflective of the city's diversity.

"I love the city and its diversity and breadth. I love every corner, from Bergen-Lafayette and Greenville to West Side, the Heights and Marion...This is a project driven by my love for this city and my belief that this has a place here," said Brunner, noting that places like Porta, Coffee Shop and Port-O Lounge have helped pave the way for a late-night dance scene in JC.

Read more

Offline moelissa

• View Profile
Re: Transmission
« Reply #6 on: 07-21-2015, 11:51am »
Yeah I think I am going to pass on this place.
[08:02PM] MacabreJS: I HAVE COOTIES

Offline devb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-15-2015, 04:55pm »
It looks like they have all of the ingredients for my favorite mixed drink, the Date Grape.

Offline MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-15-2015, 04:07pm »
Some shots of the bar/lounge area.

Offline MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-10-2015, 10:04am »
Transmission is a TV-free environment."

:swoon:

And does the Joy Division reference mean that we'll actually get Post-Punk bands and not the soul-killing stream of Dave Matthews sound-alikes that have ruined America?

Check out their Twitter. If those videos are anything to go by...  Boney M. Night, anyone?

Offline stephen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-10-2015, 09:59am »

:swoon:

And does the Joy Division reference mean that we'll actually get Post-Punk bands and not the soul-killing stream of Dave Matthews sound-alikes that have ruined America?

Offline MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Transmission
« Reply #1 on: 07-10-2015, 09:35am »
Transmission
150 Bay St
Jersey City, New Jersey
(201) 963-4565

"Transmission is a 5000 square foot bar, lounge and performance space. We reside in the historic A&P Warehouse, overlooking the cobblestone intersection at Bay and Provost Streets.

We offer an eclectic program encompassing different genres of live music, dance parties, cabaret.

This is our house party. You are invited.

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

Transmission
« Reply #1 on: 07-10-2015, 09:35am »