Author Topic: Another drive by reevaluation?  (Read 634 times)

Offline Isilme

• View Profile
Re: Another drive by reevaluation?
« Reply #4 on: 07-18-2017, 11:41am »
Sorry.  No negligence here.  Been there, done that.
Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combination
         All we have to decide is what to do
           with the time that is given to us.

Offline jkm@fop.net

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-14-2017, 01:14pm »
If I were the person not at home at the time of the re-val visit I would contact them and arrange an appointment, especially since what they claim is not so.  Failure to do so and only complain when the re-val comes in is negligence on your part.

Offline fasteddie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-28-2017, 09:23am »

so they randomly decided I have 3.5 bathrooms, baseboard heat and a finished basement>:(

Why is baseboard heat even considered in a revaluation? Is it more fashionable than old school cast iron radiators? Is baseboard heat something only the rich and famous have? Or is it the other way around? Is baseboard heat only for the common hoi polloi working slob?  And if you do have baseboard heating, which type you have should be considered. The cast iron baseboard is quite expensive and far more luxurious than the cheap trashy tin fin tube style. For the record, I have a mix of old ornate radiators, newer slimmer radiators and trashy fin tube baseboard. I wonder how the revaluation man would classify me. It would be complicated, probably have to call in a supervisor.

Offline Isilme

• View Profile
Another drive by reevaluation?
« Reply #1 on: 06-27-2017, 06:25pm »
Today I received a blue card from Appraisal Systems Inc. saying they have "made a second visit to your property and found no one home" so they randomly decided I have 3.5 bathrooms, baseboard heat and a finished basement.  They are only off by 2.5 bathrooms, the baseboard heat and one unfinished basement.  Gee, do they suppose anyone WORKS so they can pay their unabated taxes?  Annoyed phone message to their voicemail ensued.  This is the first time I've heard from these guys.  Apparently they have given the same big overestimates to a few of my neighbors and on the next block over as well.   Buggers. Be warned people, it's another drive by reevaluation in the making. >:(
Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combination
         All we have to decide is what to do
           with the time that is given to us.

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

Another drive by reevaluation?
« Reply #1 on: 06-27-2017, 06:25pm »