Author Topic: HELP! Neighbor's outdoor house cats are hunting by my birdfeeder!  (Read 1488 times)

Online fasteddie

• View Profile
Common backyard is not a free roam zone for doggos.
You can outsmart the cats AND the condonazis with this.

Offline Binky

• View Profile
Won't animal control come, take them away and release them in Soshin's backyard?
nikki: i can't keep up with rab and his George Clooney lifestyle of drinking wine, playing music and philanthropy

Offline CeeDub

• Administrator
  • [Wed 12:33] <missa> thats it! CW IS BANNED
    • View Profile
Common backyard is not a free roam zone for doggos.

Feeder attracts cardinals  jays, winches, warblers, Ive seen about 20 diff species.

Little bastard(s) just like lounging on our turf, which is much nicer tbh. And D* have a pair of pugs (yes they yap) but the cats are free range and I suspect the snufflepugs are intimidated.

I have pre positioned a cat carrier and reinforced the bottom of the chainlink gap they use. To be continued...

Online fasteddie

• View Profile
Get a dog.

Offline CeeDub

• Administrator
  • [Wed 12:33] <missa> thats it! CW IS BANNED
    • View Profile
This morning I watched 1 of the 4 outdoor cats kept by our backyard neighbor (D*) stalk and kill a sparrow just after I'd refilled a water pan.

There are 4 cats that are fed by D*, one large grey white calico, one medium black with white blazes and socks, and two  smaller all black. Unknown sex or status but judging by the late night cat vag screaming I suspect theh aren't fixed. No collars or bells.

I have seen the little black one(s) as far as 5 blocks away, and in Hamilton Park during the closure. They have dug under my fence in 2 different sections and like to sneak into our basement if the door is propped open.

Long story short they are a pain in the ass and I need your sage advice opinions and admonitions.

Are there any pet laws health dept codes being violated by D* allowing her cats to roam free?

Is it fair to hunt the cats as they are hunting the birds?

Catch and ransom? I know from past years D*'s daughter is very fond of the little black one(s), having posted a lost flyer during a 'lost weekend. '

Should I leave a note? How direct? threatening?kind? passive/aggressive? Samples welcome!
Nb I am a cat fan as well as a sometime birder. I have nearly no contact w/ D* but some history over 20+ years.

WHAT TO DO?

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums