Author Topic: Park Tavern  (Read 7080 times)

Offline MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Kindelan

• View Profile
Re: Park Tavern
« Reply #14 on: 12-15-2011, 11:44am »
I will post a Jack Miller playlist when I feel like it and best believe that the Bridge over the River Kwai theme song and Macho Man will be on it. Hater.

Offline Soshin

• "coal eating wangophange"
    • View Profile
    • Buddha in the beerglass
« Reply #13 on: 12-15-2011, 11:41am »
A sample of my Park Tavern Playlist from the juke:

Neal Young: Ohio
The Clash: Police and Thieves
Bob Marley: Exodus (From the Babylon by Bus live album)
The Who: Won't get fooled again
Whathisname: Werewolves of London
The Police: Roxanne
Credence: Proud Mary
The Boss: Dancing in the Dark

[Special Christmas track: Sting: Three Ships]

"Whathisname" is Warren Zevon and people who play anything by Sting should be shot on sight.  But congratulations Kindelan, it's a damn sight better than that gawd awful shite you were playing at Jack Millers a couple of weeks ago :-P
"god hates you. you will all go to yuppie hell. in yuppie hell there is no starbucks or hole foods or sushi bar. in yuppie hell you will work 16 hours a day in a bodega. in yuppie hell your car will not start when the sweeper is coming down the street. in yuppie hell your doorman will terrorize you and have sex with your wife or husband...when you are at work....in the bodega. in yuppie hell you will go to the laundromat and lose your last quarter in a broken washing machine. in yuppie hell you will buy all your food and clothing at the 99 cent store. in yuppie hell there are no cell phones, you will use a pay phone. a filthy pay phone".      -   Cat_Man Dude

Offline Kindelan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12-15-2011, 11:28am »
A sample of my Park Tavern Playlist from the juke:

Neal Young: Ohio
The Clash: Police and Thieves
Bob Marley: Exodus (From the Babylon by Bus live album)
The Who: Won't get fooled again
Whathisname: Werewolves of London
The Police: Roxanne
Credence: Proud Mary
The Boss: Dancing in the Dark

[Special Christmas track: Sting: Three Ships]

Offline elgoodo

• Global Moderator
  • fuck a goddamn canadian rig count.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02-25-2008, 06:30pm »
Thank you soshin for coming up with the witty reply I've been trying to come up with all day.
[06:11 PM]  fasteddie: jesus, this SB is deader than JC Vibe

Offline Soshin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02-25-2008, 02:39pm »
How's the pizza on uranus?

shitty
"god hates you. you will all go to yuppie hell. in yuppie hell there is no starbucks or hole foods or sushi bar. in yuppie hell you will work 16 hours a day in a bodega. in yuppie hell your car will not start when the sweeper is coming down the street. in yuppie hell your doorman will terrorize you and have sex with your wife or husband...when you are at work....in the bodega. in yuppie hell you will go to the laundromat and lose your last quarter in a broken washing machine. in yuppie hell you will buy all your food and clothing at the 99 cent store. in yuppie hell there are no cell phones, you will use a pay phone. a filthy pay phone".      -   Cat_Man Dude

Offline Skadave

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-25-2008, 01:08pm »
How's the pizza on uranus?

Offline elgoodo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02-25-2008, 01:02pm »
Oh, duh.  I actually read "medium rare" as "medium well", then proceeded to type the exact same thing.  That's what I get for trying to post before noon. 

My preferred burger is medium well, so truthfully I can not attest to the PT's ability to cook to medium rare.  In the interest of full disclosure, it is true that I also have not in fact traveled the universe in order to sample burgers.  Only to sample pizza.

Offline NON

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-25-2008, 11:58am »
Good burger, especially for the money, but far from "best in the universe", especially since they are very loath to do a proper medium-rare.

I respectfully disagree.  I order mine medium rare, and it's always been perfect.

+1 elgoodo, I can't eat a burger if it's cooked more than medium rare, and the PT has yet to disappoint.

though i'm glad to see i wasn't the only one who took your post literally and assumed you had, in fact, travelled throughout the known universe comparing burgers before issuing your scientific thesis.

And hey, debbie downer, ease up on the 'especially''s.

Offline elgoodo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-25-2008, 11:42am »
Good burger, especially for the money, but far from "best in the universe", especially since they are very loath to do a proper medium-rare.

I respectfully disagree.  I order mine medium rare, and it's always been perfect.

Offline cyclotronic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-25-2008, 11:02am »

Best burgers in the universe.  Blue Moon on tap.  Neil Young At The Fillmore on the jukebox.

Offline bdlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-23-2008, 01:30am »
It's inneresting to be walking though Lincoln Park at 6am knowing you survived another life threatening assualt on yer liver but this is what a proper Irish bar should be like.

Your proper spelling of "interesting" endears you to me, brotha. :pint:

Must raise a glass or 15 here soon as I can escape work hell; PT sounds like the perfect Sunday afternoon getaway and I'll be damned if I go another 30 days without trying the burgers there.

Now if we only had a decent spot for Irish breakfast in town... Kearny and Woodlawn don't count.
Bobblehead: Wow, BMWs, cameras, and anal probes. Are we in Berlin?

[10:33 AM] del ban Woodsy: You do that and I will wash your mouth out with summer's eve after I kick your ass jehu.

Darna: it's because my people spend much of their lives barefoot, so when they discover shoes, it's a party!

RB: i rubbed mine last night to be ready for tonight

Burroughs: Thank you for a country in which no one is free to mind his own business

Offline Soshin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-22-2008, 08:04pm »
My views on the Park Tavern are well known:

http://www.wiredjc.com/index.php/topic,67.0.html

I can only add that I have done a bit if drinking around downtown since that review was written and the Guinness at the Park Tavern far out ranks anything I have had EOK (East of Kennedy).  ;D

A couple of times when I have had visitors in from Scotland we have attempted to close the PT and we have never managed it.  They simply don't throw you out.  It's inneresting to be walking though Lincoln Park at 6am knowing you survived another life threatening assualt on yer liver but this is what a proper Irish bar should be like.

Offline elgoodo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-22-2008, 06:18pm »
Best burgers in the universe.  Blue Moon on tap.  Neil Young At The Fillmore on the jukebox.

Offline MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Park Tavern
« Reply #1 on: 02-22-2008, 05:53pm »
Park Tavern
575 West Side Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07304
Map it

Winner of the Best of WiredJC 2008: "Best Bar in Jersey City" Award.
« Last Edit: 02-23-2008, 11:19am by MCA »

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

Park Tavern
« Reply #1 on: 02-22-2008, 05:53pm »