Linked Events

• Yellow Frog Soul Sessions: Featuring Trumpeter Richard Polat: 03-13-2013
  • Yellow Frog Soul Sessions: 06-26-2013

Author Topic: Lamp Post Bar & Grille  (Read 27215 times)

Offline devb

• View Profile
Re: Lamp Post Bar & Grille
« Reply #25 on: 04-22-2010, 02:37am »
The Lamp Post has been sold. The new owners appear to be... not that cool. The place will be gutted soon... go rub up against the cheap wood paneling one more time for old time's sake.

Offline dragonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02-09-2010, 09:27am »
Some sort of spontaneous combustion shit.

I was in the bathroom, nothing was cooking.  I hear somebody yelling about fire, and come out to see a giant grease fire in the kitchen.  I was told by the fire men that what probably happened was some grease close to the pilot light got hot enough to start burning, and it just spread from there.

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02-08-2010, 08:45pm »
I lived to tell the tale.

And I've been waiting to hear the tale.

Foolish me.   ???
nikki: i can't keep up with rab and his George Clooney lifestyle of drinking wine, playing music and philanthropy

Offline dragonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02-08-2010, 07:59pm »
It's the Lamp Post Bar & Grill-ay.

Offline fasteddie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02-08-2010, 07:49pm »
Why is there an "e" on the end of "grille"? Is this place anywhere near Grove Pointe?

Offline dragonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-08-2010, 10:25am »
Nothing!

Online jehu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-08-2010, 10:22am »
What were you cooking Drago?
TheFang: yeah, i gotta agree with jehu here

Darna: we had a lovely shat with mrs binky this morning

stephen: Hmm I'm as clueless as you are.

Darna: could someone please splain to me why a person in a gang is called a gangbanger but a gangbang has nothing to do with gang activity?

shahaggy: can't believe I'm saying this but +1 jehu

[02:58 PM] MCA: it's not stalking, it's caring enough to find out things she won't tell you herself

[01:35 PM] shahaggy: fine but jehu's correct

TheFang: as much as it pains me to say, jehu might be right.

One time, I hired a monkey to take notes for me in class. I would just sit back with my mind completely blank while the monkey scribbled on little pieces of paper. At the end of the week, the teacher said, "Class, I want you to write a pape

Offline dragonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02-08-2010, 09:18am »
I lived to tell the tale.

Offline MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kitchen fire at Lamp Post restaurant in Jersey City
« Reply #17 on: 02-08-2010, 09:13am »
Kitchen fire at Lamp Post restaurant in Jersey City
By Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal
February 07, 2010, 7:00PM

A one-alarm kitchen fire forced the temporary closure of a restaurant in Downtown Jersey City this afternoon, fire officials said.

Firefighters were called to a small kitchen fire The Lamp Post Bar & Grill at 382 Second St., at 4:22 p.m., said Jersey City Fire Director Armando Roman. Arriving three minutes later, firefighters had the fire under control by 4:33 p.m., he said.

No injuries were reported. The fire caused moderate damage to the kitchen and the restaurant has been closed pending an inspection from health inspectors, Roman said.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation, he said.

Online TheFang

• View Profile
Re: Dinner specials at the Lamp Post!
« Reply #16 on: 12-09-2009, 10:53am »
Yeah I did spend a lot of time at punk shows in New Brunswick in my time, which just ends with a trip to the Grease Trucks.

I'll probably lift a few more sandwiches from their menu in the future, too.

Nothing at all wrong with that.  :D Putting the fries in the sandwich is the best thing to have happened to sandwiches since sliced bread.
"I can't help it, I'm a greedy slob. It's my hobby." -- D.D.

Offline dragonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12-09-2009, 12:20am »
Yeah I did spend a lot of time at punk shows in New Brunswick in my time, which just ends with a trip to the Grease Trucks.

I'll probably lift a few more sandwiches from their menu in the future, too.

Online TheFang

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12-09-2009, 12:05am »

Bellybuster-Steak, peppers & onions, and mozzarella, with french fries, in a wrap.  Served with onion rings.

Sounds like a Fat sandwich to me.
"I can't help it, I'm a greedy slob. It's my hobby." -- D.D.

Offline dragonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12-08-2009, 08:24pm »
Also, my friend Jesse (not the guy with the curly mustache) and I will be DJing at 10pm, should you feel so inclined.

LOL, nice disclaimer.  >:D

Haha people always go, "WITH THE MUSTACHE?!" and I have to be like, "no..."

Offline MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12-08-2009, 08:16pm »
Also, my friend Jesse (not the guy with the curly mustache) and I will be DJing at 10pm, should you feel so inclined.

LOL, nice disclaimer.  >:D

Offline dragonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-08-2009, 07:55pm »

Offline dragonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-08-2009, 07:21pm »
So these are the two dinner specials for Wednesday 12/9/09.  There were others, but apparently I'm only allowed to use the food in the kitchen, even if I'm willing to dip into my own pocket to make said food (I had planned on making a spicy Japanese curry sauce for the wings, but...)

Bellybuster-Steak, peppers & onions, and mozzarella, with french fries, in a wrap.  Served with onion rings.

The Agida-Breaded chicken cutlet with marinara, mozarella, and deep fried pepperoni on a round roll.

And I suspect the Wednesday dinner specials won't last long.  Nothing does at the Lamp Post.

Offline dragonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-01-2009, 09:28am »
Dinner specials for 12/2/09!

Duke Burger- Grilled burger topped with fried onions & melted butter. 
Add cheese/mushrooms/bacon each for an additional charge.  BYODefibrillator.

Gonzodilla-Quesadilla stuffed with buffalo chicken pieces & jack cheese, served with bleu cheese & salsa.  This is probably what they would eat in bat country.

Baked & Loaded Potato-baked potato stuffed with broccoli & melted jack cheese, served with sour cream.  Add bacon for additional charge.

General Fiasco's Wings-Wings in my home made spicy teriyaki sauce. (shopping for ingredients for this today, but possibly served with side of duck sauce).

Offline dragonaut

• View Profile
Dinner specials at the Lamp Post!
« Reply #8 on: 11-23-2009, 10:57pm »
Hellooooooooo out there!  My name's Charlie, and you may or may not know me as the bearded tattooed guy who cooks at the Lamp Post certain nights of the week.

Well I'm letting all y'all lovely folks know that starting this week, I'll be planning dinner specials at the Lamp Post on Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Thursday being Thanksgiving, this week I'll be doing specials at the Lamp Post from 5-10pm on Wednesday only.

The specials for Wednesday, 11/25/09 are as follows:

Fatso Burger (dedicated to the late great Dom Deluise)
Hamburger grilled with mozzarella cheese, grilled red peppers, grilled onions, on a roll with garlic butter.

Poultrygeist chicken sandwich (ES MUY CALIENTE!)
Grilled chicken with swiss cheese and a finely chopped (read: pureed) blend of bell peppers, ghost chilis (YOWZA!), shallots, garlic, olive oil, and pear infused white balsamic vinegar, on a kaiser roll.  (chances of this running out are possible, as I have a limited amount of the dressing for this)

Hotboxed wings
Buffalo wings w/a Jamaican jerk BBQ sauce, served with ranch dressing.

Stop by for dinner and a few drinks, the lovely Steff will be bartending, and the DJ for the night will be Scott "Jimbo" Boyko, playing the rock & roll for your soul.

And stay tuned to this thread, cuz I'll be updating weekly letting you know the who what where when and why.

Offline TheBadGuyWins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-12-2008, 10:24pm »
what could be better than a frosty beverage when you wind up getting snowed in? ;D

a tall, neat whiskey.

Crown's "Cask No. 16". Neat. It'll change your life. I wonder if the Lamp Post serves it, I haven't really seen it at too many places.

Offline elgoodo

• Global Moderator
  • fuck a goddamn canadian rig count.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-11-2008, 08:40pm »
what could be better than a frosty beverage when you wind up getting snowed in? ;D

a tall, neat whiskey.
[06:11 PM]  fasteddie: jesus, this SB is deader than JC Vibe

Offline TheBadGuyWins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-11-2008, 08:08pm »
The people looking to buy across the street ask me about the Lamp Post. I tell 'em like it is: it's a good thing to have a nice pub steps away. For the most part, it stays relatively quiet after hours and what could be better than a frosty beverage when you wind up getting snowed in? ;D

Offline elgoodo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-10-2008, 06:20pm »
My only complaint now that Bryan Beninghove is back playin there, is the kitchen closes at 10PM at least on Mondays. ???  So guess I'll eat at home and grab some brewskys with Bryan. :pint:

Yeah, the band sets up right in front of the kitchen, unfortunately, so it really can't be any other way.  I'm sure they would love to sell some food into the night but the geography of the situation doesn't allow it.   :(

Offline DarkMoment

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-10-2008, 05:31pm »
My only complaint now that Bryan Beninghove is back playin there, is the kitchen closes at 10PM at least on Mondays. ???  So guess I'll eat at home and grab some brewskys with Bryan. :pint:

Let's hear it for the Lamp Post.  They have better-than-average bar food and a pretty amazing bottled beer selection, and the bar has a true neighborhood vibe.  And most importantly, they've tried to fill the hole left by Uncle Joe's/Corkscrew/Boonie's by regularly booking live music and DJ's.   They've even reinstated Bryan Beninghove's weekly residency. 

Offline elgoodo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-10-2008, 02:53pm »
Let's hear it for the Lamp Post.  They have better-than-average bar food and a pretty amazing bottled beer selection, and the bar has a true neighborhood vibe.  And most importantly, they've tried to fill the hole left by Uncle Joe's/Corkscrew/Boonie's by regularly booking live music and DJ's.   They've even reinstated Bryan Beninghove's weekly residency. 

Offline MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Lamp Post Bar & Grille
« Reply #1 on: 03-10-2008, 12:15pm »
Lamp Post Bar & Grille
382 2nd Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201) 222-1331
Map it

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums