Author Topic: Fireworks!  (Read 2755 times)

Online CeeDub

• Administrator
  • [Wed 12:33] <missa> thats it! CW IS BANNED
    • View Profile
Re: Fireworks!
« Reply #13 on: 04-20-2012, 01:30pm »
Altho LSP closes at sunset, the two restos may provide ample concealment for the BobbleBuggy, E & E by foot from there.

Online Bobblehead

• View Profile
    • What do you think about me?
« Reply #12 on: 04-20-2012, 12:16pm »
 8) We might be up, with the kids. Wonder if it is worth a drive to a close location?
Sanctimonious bleater.

[Today at 01:02 pm] Darna: I have to pee motherfuckers

Offline TheFang

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04-20-2012, 11:56am »
TONIGHT!

10:30pm (I know, that sounds really late to me too, but whatevs.)

Friday, April 20, 2012, 10:30 PM: NY Harbor - Federal Anchorage (Liberty Island)
Sponsor: Allied PRA

"I can't help it, I'm a greedy slob. It's my hobby." -- D.D.

Offline TheFang

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05-22-2008, 10:58am »
Big ol' fireworks display tonight, eh? Anyone else interested in heading down to the waterfront and checking them out?
"I can't help it, I'm a greedy slob. It's my hobby." -- D.D.

Offline bdlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05-22-2008, 10:16am »
We used to be able to watch the fireworks from our front room until a stupid high rise went up AtS.
Bobblehead: Wow, BMWs, cameras, and anal probes. Are we in Berlin?

[10:33 AM] del ban Woodsy: You do that and I will wash your mouth out with summer's eve after I kick your ass jehu.

Darna: it's because my people spend much of their lives barefoot, so when they discover shoes, it's a party!

RB: i rubbed mine last night to be ready for tonight

Burroughs: Thank you for a country in which no one is free to mind his own business

Offline beachmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-22-2008, 10:02am »
I happened to be driving eastward on Columbus Drive when fireworks started lighting up the sky by the river. It turned out to be NYC-based (Battery Park City, looked like), but very cool nonetheless.

Please use this thread to post notices of local fireworks displays, reports and pictures. TIA.

MCA, when i used to live on Barrow Street and York, i would see fireworks almost daily or at least several times a week coming from the water front. (this was about 1 year and a half ago). I asked my landlord what the deal was and he said they were coming from the JC waterfront and they were courtesy of some real estate agency that was highlighting the excitement of living in pavonia/exchange place.

My landlord was a nut case, but i took this as truth, cause it just seemed to random to be a festivity seeing as though it was nearly every night.

Offline Frank M

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-22-2008, 09:56am »
Thanks, Neeners.

Pinky--where can I get information about other events?

Offline Neeners

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-21-2008, 11:08pm »
Cool pics, Frank.

Offline pinky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-21-2008, 10:27pm »
Thursday, May 22

Celebration Kick-off: Be part of the excitement with a concert featuring the Brooklyn Philharmonic and special guest performances including the legendary Marvin Hamlisch, followed by a Grucci Fireworks extravaganza. A festive lighting ceremony will illuminate the entire Bridge, which will remain lit every evening from 9pm–11pm through Memorial Day. Doors open at 6pm; concert starts at 7:45pm. Free. (Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park, enter at Main Street, Brooklyn)

Offline Frank M

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-21-2008, 10:22pm »
I saw them from my window tonight, so I couldn't help but grab the camera.  They're hand held at one-second, so the trails are wavy as hell.

There's MORE??!! When??

crop

Offline thelifevicarious

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-21-2008, 09:50pm »
Was that a test then? There's supposed to be a massive fireworks show tomorrow night for the anniversary of the Brooklyn Bridge.

Online MCA™

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-21-2008, 09:27pm »
I happened to be driving eastward on Columbus Drive when fireworks started lighting up the sky by the river. It turned out to be NYC-based (Battery Park City, looked like), but very cool nonetheless.

Please use this thread to post notices of local fireworks displays, reports and pictures. TIA.

Offline timber

• View Profile
Fireworks!
« Reply #1 on: 05-27-2007, 02:43pm »
Are the fireworks tonight or towmorrow?
« Last Edit: 05-21-2008, 09:23pm by MCA »
Winning is for the Birds!!!!!

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

Fireworks!
« Reply #1 on: 05-27-2007, 02:43pm »