Author Topic: Municipal compost and mulch?  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Kindelan

• View Profile
Re: Municipal compost and mulch?
« Reply #2 on: 03-11-2010, 03:51pm »
I think the Department of Public Works handles trees. "The Mission of the Dept. of Public Works Division of Parks and Forestry is to identify those trees within the City of Jersey City that have reached full maturity and that have realized their full potential to inspire the human spirit and to destroy them immediatly. Trees slated for priority destruction are those that display vibrant flowering in spring or foilage in the fall."

No but seriously, just the other day, I approached some guys from the city who were chopping down a magnificent specimen of arbolocity and I asked him how I could score some wood for my fire pit and he said that they might be able to drop some off at my house on their way to the mulching station. The bottom line of all this nonsense that I am spewing is that they mulch dem shits, so yes there might be mulch somewhere.

Offline TheFang

• View Profile
Municipal compost and mulch?
« Reply #1 on: 03-11-2010, 03:25pm »
Does anyone know if JC (the JCIA specifically) has a spot where someone could pick up compost or mulch? I couldn't find any information looking around online.
I know a lot of municipalities have programs like this, especially since they collect yard waste in the fall.
"I can't help it, I'm a greedy slob. It's my hobby." -- D.D.

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

Municipal compost and mulch?
« Reply #1 on: 03-11-2010, 03:25pm »