Author Topic: House Cleaners?  (Read 7159 times)

Offline ShevyMagic

• View Profile
Eco-Friendly Cleaning for your home and office!
« Reply #16 on: 07-12-2010, 11:54am »
Hello fellow Jersey City'ans!!!

It's getting hotter, which means your are getting a bit lazy. Clutter is building, dust is accumulating and your tolerance is running thin! You have been meaning to clean, and the days just keep passing you by--well no worries, because MAGIC CLEANING SERVICE is here to save the day.

Book a cleaning with us today! All first time clients get an automatic $10 OFF their cleaning. Also as an added bonus if you like our service and you schedule a regular cleaning with us you will get a DISCOUNTED fixed rate for each billing cycle. We offer many specials--especially at the beginning of every month. If you contact us today, we will automatically enter you into our database so that you can receive monthly updates and promotions. We are currently running a VIRTUAL RAFFLE--and the lucky winner gets a GREEN CLEAN MAGIC BASKET. The basket will include a electric aromatherapy diffuser, with 2 oil pads, 2 micro fiber cloths (used for cleaning) a Basic H cleaner and a Window/Glass Cleaner (both eco-friendly products).

Here is a lil' info about us.....

Magic Cleaning Service specializes in green cleaning for commercial and residential spaces. Our approach includes the use of non-toxic products, biodegradable packaging and environmentally sensitive technology. We also offer many other services such as waxing, carpet shampooing, professional interior painting as well as space composing. For a full listing of our services please visit magiccleaningservicellc.com

To schedule an appointment for your home please call 201 963 1147

If you have a commercial space and you'd like to schedule an estimate you too can call 201 963 1147 or you can send an email to shevy@magiccleaningservicellc.com. I will be able to handle all inquiries right away.

HAPPY CLEANING!!!

Offline Woodsy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: House Cleaners?
« Reply #15 on: 05-06-2009, 11:34am »
Any recomendations (the last real one we had was from '07)?

Offline skwirrlking

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04-15-2008, 06:29am »

"Oven" sounds kinda kinky though.

>:D

why - are you dutch?

Offline bdlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04-12-2008, 05:48pm »

come in and get down and dirty... floors, windows, shower, refrigerator, oven, etc.

I have a birthday coming up.

"Oven" sounds kinda kinky though.

>:D
Bobblehead: Wow, BMWs, cameras, and anal probes. Are we in Berlin?

[10:33 AM] del ban Woodsy: You do that and I will wash your mouth out with summer's eve after I kick your ass jehu.

Darna: it's because my people spend much of their lives barefoot, so when they discover shoes, it's a party!

RB: i rubbed mine last night to be ready for tonight

Burroughs: Thank you for a country in which no one is free to mind his own business

Offline kitten

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04-12-2008, 11:19am »
So, I have decided to treat myself to a spring cleaning crew this year! Yay! I am looking for a crew to come in and get down and dirty... floors, windows, shower, refrigerator, oven, etc. I will not become a regular costumer... this is just a once a year treat.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

THANKS!

Offline MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Magic Cleaning Service
« Reply #11 on: 12-15-2007, 10:38am »
Magic Cleaning Service
Jersey City, NJ 07307
info@magiccleaningservicellc.com
Office 201 963 1147
Mobile 551 697 4206

Magic Cleaning Service is a fully insured and bonded cleaning company located in downtown Jersey City. We specialize in eco-friendly residential and commercial cleaning, although conventional service is readily available.

It's easy to clean green
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
By PAUL KOEPP
Jersey Journal Staff Writer

About 10 years ago, Glenny Garcia was translating for a cleaning woman at the company where she worked when she had a bright idea: Why not clean green?

Now, she touts her Magic Cleaning Service as the first and only eco-friendly cleaner for residents and businesses in Hudson County and the surrounding area. Over the years, Garcia has gradually phased out toxic cleaners in favor of "greener" alternatives.

"We look at every ingredient. Glenny stays up all hours of the night doing research," said Liz Long, manager of the company, at a recent cleaning appointment in a spacious loft at 140 Bay St.

She said it's not hard to find non-toxic products that perform just as well as typical cleaners, because toxins are often in non-essential ingredients like fragrance or bleach. "It's more like there's too much choice," said Long.

Starting in January, the company will only offer its "Natural Magic" cleaning service, but it won't be a hard transition - most of their clients already request it, Long said.

She said that when people learn how toxins from cleaners like bleach and ammonia can be stored in the body, they are eager to sign up for the service.

"We've been overwhelmed with calls," Long said. "We can barely keep up.

The owner of the Bay Street loft, Janine Berger, said she has been using Magic Cleaning Service for about a year and said it's "reliable and consistent," and she supports the idea of green cleaning.

"I'm in the organic industry myself, so it's a way of life for me," said Berger, a consultant for an organic skin products company and owner of an organic textile manufacturing business.

Garcia, who lives in the Heights, was born in the Dominican Republic and moved to the United States when she was 10. A single mother with one daughter, she is a busy woman. For her, the cleaning business is an extension of her personal life.

"I practice eating organically. I'm into all that natural stuff," Garcia said, adding that the non-toxic products are better not just for her clients but also her cleaners. "The products are really good for them; it's safer," she said.

Residential clients typically pay about $100 for a weekly cleaning, but Long said that unlike most cleaning businesses, the price is not determined by square footage or time, but by how extensive a cleaning the client wants.

Magic Cleaning Service is now offering new services such as a non-toxic wall paint, which would eliminate indoor air pollution like volatile organic compounds that are emitted by normal paint even years after it is applied, Long said.

The company has four cleaners now but is looking to expand both its work force and its client list, Garcia said. She said the company pays its cleaners much more than usual, and as a result, the employees stay with the service for a long time, building trust with the clients. "It's like a small family," she said.

2007  The Jersey Journal

Offline rokroller

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06-15-2007, 09:39am »
I use the following service. Mika is quite thorough, reasonably priced, and I believe she will do laundry on sight.

http://stan.ehost.com/h/mcleaning.htm

Offline PhillyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06-14-2007, 07:20pm »
I use abode ally and have found them to be quite good. The woman who usually comes to my house is very thorough and hard working.  Even if our communication is limited by my high school spanish.  Once when I had a sub, she was pretty bad.  Stayed far less time and did far less.  Another time, however, I got a 2-person substitute team and they were great.  I think AA is hit or miss, but I have been lucky.  The price is only $65 for my 1 bath 1100 sq. ft.  every other week.  She usually stays 4-4.5 hours.  But since it is a service, I tip as well, so it actually runs me $85.  Since that works out to about $20/hour, I think that's reasonable.  Michelle (the owner) is responsive and always has someone to cover, and is okay with moving days and whatnot.

Mostly, they use my cleaning stuff.  I use mostly 7th generation and method, and once I explained what everything was for, she was totally fine with it.

My laundry is in the basement, and we are on the 4th floor, so I haven't asked about laundry, but I bet they'd do it for the right price.  They take out my recycling, for goodness sake!  My lady in DC would do the sheets off the beds and the towels in the bathroom, which was perfect -- nothing complicated to screw up, but saved huge amounts of time for us.   
I want to live like a Saudi prince. Can you get me a tent, three wifes and a camel? -- JSQ, AtS

Offline cyclotronic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06-14-2007, 06:18pm »
We previously used Abode Ally.  They quoted $120 for a sizable 4 bed / 2 bath house.  We were told it would take a single person a whole day, so the price seemed ok.  But their person, who we absolutely could not communicate with, would just fly through in 3, maybe 4 hours, so we made them drop it to $90.  But she did such a cursory job that we fired them back in Feb.  We're looking at Rags to Roses now, but are open to other suggestions.

Offline Mr_Grieves

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06-14-2007, 05:12pm »
I'm curious what everyone pays Rags.  I think I pay a fair price though a little on the high side.  I've been using them for about 8 months.  My previous apt. had 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths and was a split level - about 1300 sq. feet.  I paid $90.  Now I'm in an apt. half the size with much less mess since I now live alone.  It takes 2 people 1 hour or less.  The charge is $75.  I never questioned it and probably never will unless I hear everyone else is paying less.
Well just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you.

Offline bdlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06-14-2007, 05:04pm »
I'm sure it's been covered a thousand times but since we're talking about it already- what does Rags cover (i.e. vaccuum, bathroom, so forth)?

I would DOUBLE whatever the rate is if they'll do laundry on site.
Bobblehead: Wow, BMWs, cameras, and anal probes. Are we in Berlin?

[10:33 AM] del ban Woodsy: You do that and I will wash your mouth out with summer's eve after I kick your ass jehu.

Darna: it's because my people spend much of their lives barefoot, so when they discover shoes, it's a party!

RB: i rubbed mine last night to be ready for tonight

Burroughs: Thank you for a country in which no one is free to mind his own business

Offline livinginurbia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-14-2007, 04:31pm »
Am guessing CeeDub doesn't have someone coming in anymore (if you did your floors yourself? And yes, method is almost all we use ... thanks for the suggestions. will contact and see what the story is.

Offline NON

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-14-2007, 03:41pm »
Make sure you tell the folks at Rags to Roses that SamS recommended you (they give referring customers a discount).

We use them as well and have been very happy with them. They bring their own supplies, and I have no idea their eco-friendliness, but they would be happy to use your supplies if you wanted to provide them with products you approve of. They're flexible and easy-going about stuff like that.

Best of luck. I think the best way to reach them is ragstoroses@hotmail.com.

Offline CeeDub

• Administrator
  • [Wed 12:33] <missa> thats it! CW IS BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-14-2007, 03:33pm »
Not sure if the services (Regina's Rags, etc) bring their own supplies?  but when we had our gal coming in, we provided, indeed, dictated what to use on where - stainless, counters, wood, etc.

The Method stuff ( is that it?) is great - I did the floors by hand last week, old country style - still feel great on bare feet.  Available at tar-zhay.

Sorry no leads- but we paid avg $20/hr, every other week 3-4 hrs.

Good luck!

Offline SamS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-14-2007, 03:22pm »
I use Rags to Roses, but I am not sure whether they use eco friendly products. 
Anyone know of reliable & good house cleaners who will use eco-friendly products? I just want to be able to give a list to my trusty (and well-respected) helper. No sarky responses please ... don't need to hear the merits of cleaning one's house extolled!
[Thu 12:46] <jennymayla> Where's kindelan?  I need Kindelan.

Meet Christian Singles In Your Neighborhood.

Offline livinginurbia

• View Profile
House Cleaners?
« Reply #1 on: 06-14-2007, 03:11pm »
Anyone know of reliable & good house cleaners who will use eco-friendly products? I just want to be able to give a list to my trusty (and well-respected) helper. No sarky responses please ... don't need to hear the merits of cleaning one's house extolled!

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

House Cleaners?
« Reply #1 on: 06-14-2007, 03:11pm »