• A New Earth w/Oprah & Eckhart: 03-10-2008
  • Inner Paths to Outer Space: 07-11-2008
  • The Evil That Men Do: 08-07-2008
  • THINKFriday : 09-05-2008
  • Zeitgeist: Addendum: 11-07-2008
  • Future By Design: 11-14-2008
  • Imagine Atrium Turns 2: 12-06-2008
  • THINKFriday: Fahrenheit 451: 01-23-2009

Author Topic: Events at Imagine Atrium  (Read 9919 times)

Offline skwirrlking

• View Profile
Re: Imagine Atrium Turns 1 Year Old This Weekend
« Reply #13 on: 12-05-2007, 11:04pm »
I get my li'l room mates books here on a regular basis. Good addition to the neighborhood.

(although I do miss hourglass)

Online Bobblehead

• View Profile
    • What do you think about me?
« Reply #12 on: 12-05-2007, 03:42pm »
I have spent my hard earned dollars there. ;D The lack of foot traffic worried me about that location, but I'm very glad they survived.

I'm not knocking the place, I hope they thrive. It's just that my dance card fills up pretty quickly these days.  ;)
Sanctimonious bleater.

[Today at 01:02 pm] Darna: I have to pee motherfuckers

Offline Kindelan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-05-2007, 03:32pm »
Bobblehead you have a valid gripe, but with that being said, I sincerely hope all of you troglodytes go out and support imagine atrium as much as you possibly can--- that place is the bomb.

Online Bobblehead

• View Profile
    • What do you think about me?
« Reply #10 on: 12-05-2007, 02:14pm »
Congratulations. Actually, I was afraid you'd never make it through the first year.

I would argue for your making every effort somehow to get details of your events and offers out there earlier. This is the second time I've seen a listing for something you're doing that I would have participated in, if only I had more advance notice. (The Harry Potter event was the other--I would gladly have pre-ordered through you at a higher price than through Amazon, just to take advantage of your event, had I know about it just a bit earlier. As it was, book was ordered, other plans had been cemented.)
Sanctimonious bleater.

[Today at 01:02 pm] Darna: I have to pee motherfuckers

Offline imagineatrium

• View Profile
Imagine Atrium Turns 1 Year Old This Weekend
« Reply #9 on: 12-05-2007, 01:12pm »
Jersey City's independent bookstore, Imagine Atrium, celebrates its first birthday this Saturday, December 8th. From 7pm-9pm, local authors will be here to mingle and greet guests , as well as read from and sign copies of their books. Special guest Dorion Sagan will present his new book, Notes From the Holocene: A Brief History of the Future, as well as perform a little holiday magic. There may also be a surprise guest or two. Don't miss it! More info at http://www.imagineatrium.com
« Last Edit: 07-21-2008, 08:03am by MCA »

Offline MCA™

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Potterdammerung
« Reply #8 on: 11-13-2007, 01:22pm »
The last HP book rendered into LOLspeak (beware spoilers): Potterdammerung

Offline skwirrlking

• View Profile
Re: Harry Potter Party at Imagine Atrium
« Reply #7 on: 10-22-2007, 10:35am »
so does this mean harry potter could have contracted the aids somewhere else?

Offline MCA™

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10-21-2007, 06:00pm »
Potter readers on fan sites and elsewhere on the Internet have speculated on the sexuality of Dumbledore, noting that he has no close relationship with women and a mysterious, troubled past. And explicit scenes with Dumbledore already have appeared in fan fiction.

Damn you fasteddie. Someone pass the brain bleach.

Online fasteddie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10-20-2007, 09:19am »
Breaking News! Dumbledore Out of Closet, Fagwizard!

October 20, 2007
BY HILLEL ITALIE

NEW YORK (AP) -- Harry Potter fans, the rumors are true: Albus Dumbledore, master wizard and Headmaster of Hogwarts, is gay.

J.K. Rowling, author of the mega-selling fantasy series that ended last summer, outed the beloved character Friday night while appearing before a full house at Carnegie Hall. After reading briefly from the final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," she took questions from audience members.

She was asked by one young fan whether Dumbledore finds "true love."

"Dumbledore is gay," the author responded to gasps and applause.

She then explained that Dumbledore was smitten with rival Gellert Grindelwald, whom he defeated long ago in a battle between good and bad wizards. "Falling in love can blind us to an extent," Rowling said of Dumbledore's feelings, adding that Dumbledore was "horribly, terribly let down."

Dumbledore's love, she observed, was his "great tragedy."

"Oh, my god," Rowling concluded with a laugh, "the fan fiction."

Potter readers on fan sites and elsewhere on the Internet have speculated on the sexuality of Dumbledore, noting that he has no close relationship with women and a mysterious, troubled past. And explicit scenes with Dumbledore already have appeared in fan fiction.

Rowling told the audience that while working on the planned sixth Potter film, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," she spotted a reference in the script to a girl who once was of interest to Dumbledore. A note was duly passed to director David Yates, revealing the truth about her character.

Rowling, finishing a brief "Open Book Tour" of the United States, her first tour here since 2000, also said that she regarded her Potter books as a "prolonged argument for tolerance" and urged her fans to "question authority."

Not everyone likes her work, Rowling said, likely referring to Christian groups that have alleged the books promote witchcraft. Her news about Dumbledore, she said, will give them one more reason.

Offline Neeners

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-21-2007, 10:46am »
In the last chapter, Harry is sitting in a diner eating onion rings. There is a guy in a Members Only jacket at the counter. Hermione is outside trying to park the car. She comes running in the door, Harry looks up. The next page is blank.

Well played, sir.  LOL.

Online fasteddie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-21-2007, 10:42am »
How was it?  Did you stay up all night reading it?  Tell, tell, tell!   ;D  But in telling, please don't give any spoilers away  O0
In the last chapter, Harry is sitting in a diner eating onion rings. There is a guy in a Members Only jacket at the counter. Hermione is outside trying to park the car. She comes running in the door, Harry looks up. The next page is blank.

Offline Neeners

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-21-2007, 10:19am »
How was it?  Did you stay up all night reading it?  Tell, tell, tell!   ;D  But in telling, please don't give any spoilers away  O0

Offline MCA™

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Events at Imagine Atrium
« Reply #1 on: 07-20-2007, 08:42am »
From the Imagine Atrium website:

HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PARTY
at THE IMAGINE ATRIUM

FRIDAY, JULY 20 FROM 8PM TO MIDNIGHT

528 JERSEY AVENUE, JERSEY CITY NJ

We suggest you come dressed in your most magical attire. We will have a special prize for the best dressed muggle.

Books go on sale at 12:01am!

When you get here, be sure to enter the "Independent Muggles for Harry Potter" sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip for four to London!

• Sweepstakes period begins at 10pm on Friday, July 20 and ends at 11:59pm on Tuesday, July 24
  • To enter come to the store during the sweepstakes period to fill out an entry coupon
  • Only one entry allowed per person; must be 13 years of age or older to enter
  • Grand prize is round-trip airfare for up to four people to London, England; three (3) nights accommodations; and $350 spending money
  • Contest is only open to visitors of independent bookstores in the U.S.
  • No purchase necessary to enter or win
  • Visit the store for full official rules

Schedule of the Night's Events

8:00pm-9:00pm: There will be live owls, snakes, toads and other mysterious creatures roaming around the store. Don't miss them!

8:00pm: Screening of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

10:00pm - midnight: Games, arts, crafts, and magic activities; Harry Potter drawings and prize giveaways; tarot card and fortune readings; free coffee from Sweet Priscilla to keep you awake!

12:01am: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows books go on sale!

We will have the regular hardcover version of the book and the Deluxe Edition. Those who have reserved copies will be the first to receive the books. All others on a first come, first served basis. Quantities are limited so call and reserve yours while you can!

This event is free and open to all. Please RSVP by e-mail.
« Last Edit: 10-10-2008, 10:54am by MCA »

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

Events at Imagine Atrium
« Reply #1 on: 07-20-2007, 08:42am »