Author Topic: Health Clubs Downtown  (Read 2410 times)

Offline PuddinPop

• View Profile
Re: Health Clubs Downtown
« Reply #5 on: 02-04-2011, 01:04pm »
I go to Club H and am female...
I might be interested :) PM me with what you are thinking...I have a set rotation of things I do and am pretty serious while at the gym to get in, do what I need to do, and get out...while having fun of course!

HIIII....
started going to club h.. would love to have a friend (girl) to be my workout buddy  and support each other.
im also a female... 
anyone interested??

lets get fit !!

Offline kaisita

• View Profile
CLUB H
« Reply #4 on: 02-04-2011, 11:54am »
HIIII....
started going to club h.. would love to have a friend (girl) to be my workout buddy  and support each other.
im also a female... 
anyone interested??

lets get fit !!

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-06-2010, 08:15pm »
Thanks for the alternative opinion on H.  All I've heard from my friends who signed up there was how awesome it was.
Your reality sounds more like the reality I would perceive.
I guess nobody is really on top of the sort of maintenance the cardio machines require. They'd probably need a full-time mechanic.
nikki: i can't keep up with rab and his George Clooney lifestyle of drinking wine, playing music and philanthropy

Online Darna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-06-2010, 07:57pm »
I made the switch from Club H to Brickhaus earlier this year.  I was paying waaaaay too much for Club H, and when it was time to renew my membership, I tried to get a better rate but they were not willing to oblige.  So I jumped ship.  That was ny main problem with Club H--it was too expensive given the pretty poor level of service provided.  Some of the cardio machines were always broken.  The front desk, at least when I was there, was pretty clueless and generally unhelpful.  So was the trainer who gave me my "free" session.  Unless you are paying less than $80 a month, I don't think it's worth it.
« Last Edit: 09-06-2010, 08:00pm by Darna »

Offline Binky

• View Profile
Health Clubs Downtown
« Reply #1 on: 09-04-2010, 11:28am »
I'm considering making the jump to Club H. from Brickhaus, where I've been a member for a year.
Anyone here belong to either place and are you willing to share your insight?
Brickhaus seems to be looking emptier than it did (which has it's good aspects) but they seems not so quick on the repairs.  Its clean and pleasant enough, but I worry that there may be too few members these days, and things will go slowly downhill.
They have lots of cardio machines up there, but it seems like half of them have something wrong with them.  I would have thought that they had a maintenance contract for them, but maybe not.
I'm going to go for a tour of Club H, but do any of you know how it has fared over the time it has been open?  Is the bloom still on the rose?
nikki: i can't keep up with rab and his George Clooney lifestyle of drinking wine, playing music and philanthropy

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

Health Clubs Downtown
« Reply #1 on: 09-04-2010, 11:28am »