Author Topic: Filipino Expected To Be Named World's Shortest Man  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Binky

• View Profile
Re: Filipino Expected To Be Named World's Shortest Man
« Reply #7 on: 06-12-2011, 05:19pm »
From CNN.com

This photo makes it look like the Chris Christie impersonator on the left is about to pound him to death.

New Caption:
Christie Shrinks Government Workforce!
nikki: i can't keep up with rab and his George Clooney lifestyle of drinking wine, playing music and philanthropy

Offline Soshin

• "coal eating wangophange"
    • View Profile
    • Buddha in the beerglass
« Reply #6 on: 06-12-2011, 04:42pm »
From CNN.com

This photo makes it look like the Chris Christie impersonator on the left is about to pound him to death.
"god hates you. you will all go to yuppie hell. in yuppie hell there is no starbucks or hole foods or sushi bar. in yuppie hell you will work 16 hours a day in a bodega. in yuppie hell your car will not start when the sweeper is coming down the street. in yuppie hell your doorman will terrorize you and have sex with your wife or husband...when you are at work....in the bodega. in yuppie hell you will go to the laundromat and lose your last quarter in a broken washing machine. in yuppie hell you will buy all your food and clothing at the 99 cent store. in yuppie hell there are no cell phones, you will use a pay phone. a filthy pay phone".      -   Cat_Man Dude

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-12-2011, 08:20am »
From CNN.com

Balawing was born a normal size, his family said, and they did not notice anything unusual about him until he was about 4 years old and his peers grew more than he did.
He has not grown since his first birthday, his parents told Guinness.
They are too poor to investigate what medical condition prevented him from growing taller, Guinness said.
But they call him "their lucky charm," saying his father Reynaldo, a blacksmith, had been unemployed until he was born, then found a job after his birth.
"He needs my care every minute of every day. Junrey can only walk with some help and he can't stand for too long because he's in too much pain," his mother, Concepcion, said.
He does not have a girlfriend, he told Guinness World Records editor-in-chief Craig Glenday: "You fool!" he chides in his squeaky high-pitched voice, "Don't even ask!"

And from The Manilla Bulletin Publishing Corporation-

Pinoys worldwide hold unique celebrations
Food festivals, singing competitions, bloodletting
« Last Edit: 06-12-2011, 08:35am by Binky »
nikki: i can't keep up with rab and his George Clooney lifestyle of drinking wine, playing music and philanthropy

Offline shahaggy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-11-2011, 01:37pm »
Municipal administrator Allan Selda says the local government is preparing to celebrate the expected Guinness announcement with balloons and a cake for Balawing.
Wait a minute, this guy gets balloons AND a cake? Is this how they squander US foreign aid funded by MY TAX DOLLARS?  That money was meant to buy shoes and loincloths, not  throwing extravagant parties for midgets! These type of government handouts will only encourage this Balawing to continue to whine about getting the short end of the stick for the rest of his life. Grow up, Balawing!

:rofl: priceless
[04:53 PM] Soshin: I don't think I've ever had fig spread Darna but I like figs and they make my sphincter sing power ballads

[12:48 PM] Bobblehead: Yo, you know I'm really happy for you and Ima let you finish, but soshin had one of the best meercat shouts of all time

[10:23 PM] skwirrlking: you submitting darna for beards eating cupcakes - mca?

[03:24 PM] Darna: [03:22 PM] jeht'aimeu: skw, you are climbing up my pole as well... 

[02:28 PM] propscene: I DPON"T MEAN I LOVE YOU DEEP INSIDE AS MUCH AS I LOVE HIM DEEP INSIDE OH GOD

[12:58 PM] nikki: i feel like i should like the opposite of whatever jehu says

Online CeeDub

• Administrator
  • [Wed 12:33] <missa> thats it! CW IS BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-11-2011, 09:29am »
not too many balloons, I hope . . .

Online fasteddie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-11-2011, 09:22am »
Municipal administrator Allan Selda says the local government is preparing to celebrate the expected Guinness announcement with balloons and a cake for Balawing.
Wait a minute, this guy gets balloons AND a cake? Is this how they squander US foreign aid funded by MY TAX DOLLARS?  That money was meant to buy shoes and loincloths, not  throwing extravagant parties for midgets! These type of government handouts will only encourage this Balawing to continue to whine about getting the short end of the stick for the rest of his life. Grow up, Balawing!

Offline Binky

• View Profile
Filipino Expected To Be Named World's Shortest Man
« Reply #1 on: 06-11-2011, 07:26am »
From the New York Times:
June 11, 2011
Filipino Expected to Be Named World's Shortest Man
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
SINDANGAN, Philippines (AP) Officials say a Filipino about two feet tall is expected to be named the world's shortest man when he turns 18 on Sunday.

Lolit Homay, municipal health officer in Zamboanga del Norte province's Sindangan township, says Junrey Balawing was measured at about 24 inches (61 centimeters) from head to foot lying down and slightly above 23 inches (58 centimeters) standing up Saturday.

A representative of Guinness World Records is to announce the official measurements on Sunday.

Current record holder Khagendra Thapa Magar of Nepal is 26.4 inches tall.

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

Filipino Expected To Be Named World's Shortest Man
« Reply #1 on: 06-11-2011, 07:26am »