Author Topic: Christie is planning on vetoing equal rights.  (Read 2106 times)

Offline grovester

• View Profile
Christie is planning on vetoing equal rights.
« Reply #4 on: 02-18-2012, 09:23pm »
Cory, I really love that Booker clip.
He's absolutely right.
"Don't you do it!  That's a slippery slope.  One day you'll wake up and find yourself posting as grovepointester."

Offline corybraiterman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-18-2012, 07:49pm »
Guess I can't imbed. Here's what Cory Booker had to say about leaving the rights of the minority to be voted upon by the majority:

« Last Edit: 02-18-2012, 07:55pm by CeeDub »

Offline grovester

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-18-2012, 08:39am »
I looked at Project Vote Smart and was happy to find that all of my legislators (Connors, Ramos and Stack) supported the Act.

Do you know anything about what is being done to overcome the veto?  Are there legislators that seem more likely to change their votes that would be worth contacting?
"Don't you do it!  That's a slippery slope.  One day you'll wake up and find yourself posting as grovepointester."

Offline TheFang

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02-17-2012, 09:03am »
So the bill passed both houses and it is now up to Governor Christie to either sign or veto it. Of course he will veto it. But please consider emailing him or posting on his facebook page (or both) your thoughts and tell him to sign the legislation! This is New Jersey, for crying out loud, and we should be on the forefront of human rights and promoting human dignity. It's worth a shot. His email page is a pain in the ass and you have to fill out all this silly stuff before leaving a message and there isn't even a category for "legislation" or "marriage equality". I put it under "economic development" and said (among other things) that marriage equality would create jobs and help Jersey's economy through all of the weddings etc. Add your own thoughts!

His email link:
http://www.state.nj.us/governor/contact/

His Facebook link:
http://www.facebook.com/GovChrisChristie?sk=wall

His phone number:
609-292-6000

Thanks for your support! This is such a slow process to gain equal rights, but totally worth it.
"I can't help it, I'm a greedy slob. It's my hobby." -- D.D.

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

« Reply #1 on: 02-17-2012, 09:03am »