Author Topic: Third & Vine  (Read 3068 times)

Online MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jersey City wine and cheese bar Third & Vine features perfect pairings
By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
on February 05, 2015 at 11:44 AM, updated February 05, 2015 at 1:54 PM

JERSEY CITY -- For the last year, Brian Rothbart and Jamie Mayne have been closer than your average married couple.

The two run the Third Street cheese-and-small-plates eatery Third & Vine, their first venture after spending a decade or so working sporadically together at friends' establishments. They not only own and operate Third & Vine -- they live in an apartment upstairs.

"It's worked out pretty well so far," Rothbart, 36, told The Jersey Journal recently.

Mayne, 33, shot back: "I haven't killed you yet."

Rothbart laughed. "She likes to add 'yet.'"

Third & Vine opened last Valentine's Day, and became an immediate sensation, one of the standouts in a seemingly endless list of new restaurants creating a splash on this side of the Hudson. Tucked away on a side street in the city's Village neighborhood, Third & Vine has diners oohing and ahhing over its ricotta meatballs, deviled eggs and stuffed peppers -- the chef is Lynn Wheeler -- but the place is famous for its cheese.

You can find three dozen types of cheese at any given time, with the menu grouping them into four categories: soft and creamy, semi-firm to hard, blues and stinkers. The list changes often, sometimes twice a week, and the cheeses are paired with condiments varying from spinach pesto to salted caramel. Pick out cheeses you like or let Mayne decide for you. Unless you're a fromager like her, the latter option is your best bet. Read more

Offline moelissa

• View Profile
Re: Third & Vine
« Reply #4 on: 03-12-2014, 01:34pm »
I'm excited about this!!  All about yummy food really close to my out of the way apartment.  ;D
[08:02PM] MacabreJS: I HAVE COOTIES

Offline nikki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-11-2014, 10:02pm »
Truffle toast.

Offline Rabelais

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-11-2014, 08:21pm »
I've been a few times, it's a good addition to the area. There's a small, nice selection of wines, some very good cheeses and small plates.
[02:35 PM] jehu: and the only people on here who gives good advice are few.

Online MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Third & Vine
« Reply #1 on: 03-11-2014, 06:26pm »
Third & Vine
353 Third St
Jersey City, New Jersey 07302
(201) 533-8309

Opened January 2014. Small plates, cheese, wine, beer and cocktails.

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

Third & Vine
« Reply #1 on: 03-11-2014, 06:26pm »