Author Topic: Welcome to WiredJC!!  (Read 25447 times)

Offline gordonh

• View Profile
Re: Welcome to WiredJC!!
« Reply #33 on: 02-15-2010, 12:23pm »
Hi there... I'm a JCList jumper, too.  Can I hang out with the smart, beautiful people?

Offline nugnfutz

• View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #32 on: 02-15-2010, 01:26am »
Hi there!  I found this site recently after hearing about the "other jclist".  I am noticing a lot of familiar names here!   So I am wondering...what is the difference between this site and the other?  Forgive me for being ignorant, but was just wondering.  Some of the topics are the same, and it looks like there are different ones as well.  Is this site as moderated? 

I called a "truth about 911" nutcase a "nutcase" on JCLIST and got banned. I did the same on WIREDJC and didn't get banned. I think people here are a little more balanced and willing to listen.

Offline pinky

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02-14-2010, 11:08pm »
Ok, I see.  I've had a few innocuous posts deleted and was yelled at by the admin for random reasons.   I also noticed that a ton of people were banned recently on the other board. 

Someone's boss was called?  WTF???

Here is a link that explains some of it. http://www.wiredjc.com/index.php/topic,1015.300.html

Offline myprettypony

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 02-14-2010, 10:59pm »
Ok, I see.  I've had a few innocuous posts deleted and was yelled at by the admin for random reasons.   I also noticed that a ton of people were banned recently on the other board. 

Someone's boss was called?  WTF???

Offline jehu

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02-14-2010, 10:53pm »
And we drink together! Always a big plus.

But seriously...

For starters, there is a team of moderators, instead of one draconian individual who will delete your posts at whim.  Unless you are a spambot, your post will never be deleted without a polite and reasonable explanation.  We will never curse at you and insult you via PM, although we will allow you to curse on the board proper.  We will also never call your boss, which another local Webmaster has been known to do.

Our site also runs a lot better, technically speaking.  You won't have to submit your posts 3 or 4 times. 

We have less traffic, but we also have fewer right wing wackos, but rest assured we do have a few.   >:D  But ours tend to be more articulate.

TheFang: yeah, i gotta agree with jehu here

Darna: we had a lovely shat with mrs binky this morning

stephen: Hmm… I'm as clueless as you are.

Darna: could someone please splain to me why a person in a gang is called a gangbanger but a gangbang has nothing to do with gang activity?

shahaggy: can't believe I'm saying this but +1 jehu

[02:58 PM] MCA: it's not stalking, it's caring enough to find out things she won't tell you herself

[01:35 PM] shahaggy: fine but jehu's correct

TheFang: as much as it pains me to say, jehu might be right.

One time, I hired a monkey to take notes for me in class. I would just sit back with my mind completely blank while the monkey scribbled on little pieces of paper. At the end of the week, the teacher said, "Class, I want you to write a pape

Offline elgoodo

• Global Moderator
  • fuck a goddamn canadian rig count.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02-14-2010, 10:51pm »
But seriously...

For starters, there is a team of moderators, instead of one draconian individual who will delete your posts at whim.  Unless you are a spambot, your post will never be deleted without a polite and reasonable explanation.  We will never curse at you and insult you via PM, although we will allow you to curse on the board proper.  We will also never call your boss, which another local Webmaster has been known to do.

Our site also runs a lot better, technically speaking.  You won't have to submit your posts 3 or 4 times. 

We have less traffic, but we also have fewer right wing wackos, but rest assured we do have a few.   >:D  But ours tend to be more articulate.
[06:11 PM]  fasteddie: jesus, this SB is deader than JC Vibe

Offline pinky

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02-14-2010, 10:46pm »
Me too.

I am glad I use an alias then.

There are no differences - this is the same, it is owned by the same zealot except all the ad dollars from this site are sent to the DNC for Obama vs. the other one, the $$ there go to Ron Pauls's fund for the eradication of mental illness.  All your shouts and posts will be indexed and cross referenced in an access data base which is uploaded to our friends in Suitland &/or Crystal City, but at the annual Christmas Party (Holidaze for the infidels amongst us) you will receive a hard copy of the power point summary of all your intellectual shortcomings and your favourite fast foods.

Offline jehu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02-14-2010, 10:45pm »
I am glad I use an alias then.

There are no differences - this is the same, it is owned by the same zealot except all the ad dollars from this site are sent to the DNC for Obama vs. the other one, the $$ there go to Ron Pauls's fund for the eradication of mental illness.  All your shouts and posts will be indexed and cross referenced in an access data base which is uploaded to our friends in Suitland &/or Crystal City, but at the annual Christmas Party (Holidaze for the infidels amongst us) you will receive a hard copy of the power point summary of all your intellectual shortcomings and your favourite fast foods.
TheFang: yeah, i gotta agree with jehu here

Darna: we had a lovely shat with mrs binky this morning

stephen: Hmm… I'm as clueless as you are.

Darna: could someone please splain to me why a person in a gang is called a gangbanger but a gangbang has nothing to do with gang activity?

shahaggy: can't believe I'm saying this but +1 jehu

[02:58 PM] MCA: it's not stalking, it's caring enough to find out things she won't tell you herself

[01:35 PM] shahaggy: fine but jehu's correct

TheFang: as much as it pains me to say, jehu might be right.

One time, I hired a monkey to take notes for me in class. I would just sit back with my mind completely blank while the monkey scribbled on little pieces of paper. At the end of the week, the teacher said, "Class, I want you to write a pape

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02-14-2010, 10:43pm »
You are becoming more so as we speak.
nikki: i can't keep up with rab and his George Clooney lifestyle of drinking wine, playing music and philanthropy

Online CeeDub

• Administrator
  • [Wed 12:33] <missa> thats it! CW IS BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02-14-2010, 10:42pm »

Offline Buffy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02-14-2010, 10:41pm »
Nope.

Offline myprettypony

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02-14-2010, 10:38pm »
Oh wait, does that mean I am also smarter and better looking?  I have had my suspicions....  ;)

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02-14-2010, 10:37pm »
The posters here are generally smarter and better looking.
nikki: i can't keep up with rab and his George Clooney lifestyle of drinking wine, playing music and philanthropy

Offline myprettypony

• View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #20 on: 02-14-2010, 10:31pm »
Hi there!  I found this site recently after hearing about the "other jclist".  I am noticing a lot of familiar names here!   So I am wondering...what is the difference between this site and the other?  Forgive me for being ignorant, but was just wondering.  Some of the topics are the same, and it looks like there are different ones as well.  Is this site as moderated? 

Offline Inez

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12-01-2009, 04:19am »
It's nice to be part on this forum. Have a nice day.

Terhune Avenue Fan

« Reply #18 on: 11-26-2009, 10:27pm »
Thank you!  :)

Online fasteddie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11-25-2008, 10:23pm »
Okay, the shoutbox and repartee among members in conjunction with living in this City captures the tenets of this article.

http://nymag.com/news/features/52450/index1.html

Is this the same author who was on Lopate today? The same thought crossed my mind as I was listening to it.

Offline VV

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11-25-2008, 09:26pm »
Okay, the shoutbox and repartee among members in conjunction with living in this City captures the tenets of this article.

http://nymag.com/news/features/52450/index1.html

Offline Case

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 07-29-2008, 01:55pm »
Give Me Women, Wine, and Snuff
   by John Keats

Give me women, wine, and snuff
Untill I cry out "hold, enough!"
You may do so sans objection
Till the day of resurrection:
For, bless my beard, they aye shall be
My beloved Trinity.

Offline ChairWomanMay

• View Profile
    • hiregun.com
« Reply #14 on: 07-29-2008, 12:31pm »
We don't have any snuff films if that's what you're implying.
Not to worry, I'll provide them.
Great pict of Crazy Eddie by BTW. ;D

Offline elgoodo

• Global Moderator
  • fuck a goddamn canadian rig count.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07-29-2008, 12:30pm »
We don't have any snuff films if that's what you're implying.
[06:11 PM]  fasteddie: jesus, this SB is deader than JC Vibe

Offline TMN

• THE schnauzer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07-29-2008, 12:29pm »
I got an email about this site from a JCLister a while back.

Ok, let's find out if this board is up to "snuff".

Howdy!
“What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.”    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline bdlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07-29-2008, 12:28pm »

We try.

Welcome aboard!

BD
Bobblehead: Wow, BMWs, cameras, and anal probes. Are we in Berlin?

[10:33 AM] del ban Woodsy: You do that and I will wash your mouth out with summer's eve after I kick your ass jehu.

Darna: it's because my people spend much of their lives barefoot, so when they discover shoes, it's a party!

RB: i rubbed mine last night to be ready for tonight

Burroughs: Thank you for a country in which no one is free to mind his own business

Offline ChairWomanMay

• View Profile
    • hiregun.com
« Reply #10 on: 07-29-2008, 12:25pm »

Offline bdlaw

• View Profile
Re: hello to all
« Reply #9 on: 06-05-2008, 05:14pm »
Welcome, Dan.  Don't mind Kindelan, he's a couple of beers short of a six pack.

:)
Bobblehead: Wow, BMWs, cameras, and anal probes. Are we in Berlin?

[10:33 AM] del ban Woodsy: You do that and I will wash your mouth out with summer's eve after I kick your ass jehu.

Darna: it's because my people spend much of their lives barefoot, so when they discover shoes, it's a party!

RB: i rubbed mine last night to be ready for tonight

Burroughs: Thank you for a country in which no one is free to mind his own business

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

Re: hello to all
« Reply #9 on: 06-05-2008, 05:14pm »