Author Topic: Kushner, Trump teaming up on Jersey City development  (Read 5251 times)

Offline Bobblehead

• View Profile
    • What do you think about me?
Re: Kushner, Trump teaming up on Jersey City development
« Reply #16 on: 05-16-2014, 03:54pm »
The parking deck is already there. You can see it behind them in the ground breaking photo. And yeah, it looks stupid, but most of the double buildings have them as a way to have some sort of outdoor space and a pool. 77 Hudson/70 Greene, Gulls Cove, Grove Pointe, etc.

Ah yes, the deck is already there as phase 1.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Why must a pool be on top of a parking deck?  Furthermore, that's really no excuse for a dead zone at the sidewalk level. City life exists on the stoops on on the sidewalks. Architecture has a large role in the serendipity that makes cities interesting, worth living in, that's really my point.

And while I don't begrudge someone for wanting to pool, the existence of these "private parks" further separates these denziens from the city that surrounds them.

So two strikes against this shitty project.

Because the whole point of Trump projects is to keep their residents separate from those at street level, and put them ABOVE everyone else. Duh.

Sanctimonious bleater.

[Today at 01:02 pm] Darna: I have to pee motherfuckers

Offline stephen

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05-16-2014, 02:10pm »
The parking deck is already there. You can see it behind them in the ground breaking photo. And yeah, it looks stupid, but most of the double buildings have them as a way to have some sort of outdoor space and a pool. 77 Hudson/70 Greene, Gulls Cove, Grove Pointe, etc.

Ah yes, the deck is already there as phase 1.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Why must a pool be on top of a parking deck?  Furthermore, that's really no excuse for a dead zone at the sidewalk level. City life exists on the stoops on on the sidewalks. Architecture has a large role in the serendipity that makes cities interesting, worth living in, that's really my point.

And while I don't begrudge someone for wanting to pool, the existence of these "private parks" further separates these denziens from the city that surrounds them.

So two strikes against this shitty project.

Online MÇA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05-16-2014, 12:34pm »
Check out the rendering… look at all the dead zone created by the parking deck.  Horrible urban design.  Vertical suburbia.  Absolute shite.

Not to mention the base of the parking deck will have a gourmet Italian market coming soon... real soon... any day now... nope, still waiting...

Offline Bobblehead

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05-16-2014, 12:01pm »
Rendering from architect's website: 65 Bay Street. This is looking northwest.

This guarantees the area around the Powerhouse will get next to no sunlight.
Sanctimonious bleater.

Online TheFang

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05-16-2014, 11:59am »
Check out the rendering… look at all the dead zone created by the parking deck.  Horrible urban design.  Vertical suburbia.  Absolute shite.

"I can't help it, I'm a greedy slob. It's my hobby." -- D.D.

Offline Frank M

• View Profile
"This is really phase two for Jersey City," he said at the groundbreaking ceremony. "We plan to spend a lot more time here because we think this is a city on the rise."

The City Council awarded the tower a five-year tax abatement last month that allows the developers to pay no taxes for the first year. The following year, 20 percent of the normal tax payments will be due, and that amount increases by 20 percent until the sixth year, when the abatement will expire.

Mayor Steve Fulop, lavishly praised by Kushner and Adam Altman of KABR Group for being "pro-development," noted that many of the tallest buildings in New Jersey will be in Jersey City in a few years.

I hope they still respect us after the post-coital glow wears off.

Offline stephen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05-15-2014, 11:52am »

Online MÇA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Groundbreaking in Jersey City for new Trump residential tower
« Reply #9 on: 05-15-2014, 11:24am »

Groundbreaking in Jersey City for new Trump residential tower
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
on May 15, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Officials broke ground yesterday on a new, 50-story luxury residential tower courtesy of developer Jared Kushner and real-estate mogul Donald Trump, one that will rise in the heart of the Powerhouse Arts District.

Called Trump Bay Street, the $193.5 million development, made possible by a partnership between Kushner and KABR Group, is one of a host of new towers rising in the Downtown. Kushner, Trump's son-in-law, said Trump Bay is phase two of a project that started with Trump Plaza, which sits one block west.

"This is really phase two for Jersey City," he said at the groundbreaking ceremony. "We plan to spend a lot more time here because we think this is a city on the rise."

The tower will feature 447 luxury apartments, 144 parking spaces and 11,000 square feet of retail. A 3,000-square-foot rooftop deck, a "lavishly appointed" spa and a cyber café are among the planned amenities.

The City Council awarded the tower a five-year tax abatement last month that allows the developers to pay no taxes for the first year. The following year, 20 percent of the normal tax payments will be due, and that amount increases by 20 percent until the sixth year, when the abatement will expire.

Mayor Steve Fulop, lavishly praised by Kushner and Adam Altman of KABR Group for being "pro-development," noted that many of the tallest buildings in New Jersey will be in Jersey City in a few years.

Construction is expected to take two years to complete.

Online MÇA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-12-2014, 02:52pm »
Rendering from architect's website: 65 Bay Street. This is looking northwest.

Offline Bobblehead

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-12-2014, 02:09pm »
Looks like Jared is the new go-to name for movers and shakers.

Or is that losers and fakers?
Sanctimonious bleater.

Offline Soshin

• "coal eating wangophange"
    • View Profile
    • Buddha in the beerglass
« Reply #6 on: 05-12-2014, 01:59pm »
Don't forget Jared Leto

"god hates you. you will all go to yuppie hell. in yuppie hell there is no starbucks or hole foods or sushi bar. in yuppie hell you will work 16 hours a day in a bodega. in yuppie hell your car will not start when the sweeper is coming down the street. in yuppie hell your doorman will terrorize you and have sex with your wife or husband...when you are at work....in the bodega. in yuppie hell you will go to the laundromat and lose your last quarter in a broken washing machine. in yuppie hell you will buy all your food and clothing at the 99 cent store. in yuppie hell there are no cell phones, you will use a pay phone. a filthy pay phone".      -   Cat_Man Dude

Offline stephen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-12-2014, 01:48pm »
Talk about WMP!  Kushner and Trump?  Insufferable on their own, now as a duo. :drama:

Online Darna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-12-2014, 01:39pm »
You forget the guy that all the boyfriends go to when they get engaged.  Maybe he's the same person.

Offline fasteddie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-12-2014, 01:30pm »
"“Jared is a very talented young man — it is going to be a great project,” Trump said in a statement to the Journal."

The only Jared I know is the guy who lost all the weight by eating Subway sandwiches. I must assume it is the same person.

Offline Soshin

• "coal eating wangophange"
    • View Profile
    • Buddha in the beerglass
« Reply #2 on: 05-12-2014, 12:54pm »
I hope they call it Douchebag Towers and I hope Kushner turns into the Green Goblin.
"god hates you. you will all go to yuppie hell. in yuppie hell there is no starbucks or hole foods or sushi bar. in yuppie hell you will work 16 hours a day in a bodega. in yuppie hell your car will not start when the sweeper is coming down the street. in yuppie hell your doorman will terrorize you and have sex with your wife or husband...when you are at work....in the bodega. in yuppie hell you will go to the laundromat and lose your last quarter in a broken washing machine. in yuppie hell you will buy all your food and clothing at the 99 cent store. in yuppie hell there are no cell phones, you will use a pay phone. a filthy pay phone".      -   Cat_Man Dude

Online MÇA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kushner, Trump teaming up on Jersey City development
« Reply #1 on: 05-12-2014, 12:52pm »

447-unit rental to break ground in a few days
May 12, 2014 09:00AM

Donald Trump’s Trump Organization and his son-in-law’s Kushner Companies are teaming up for their first big project, in conjunction with KABR Group of New Jersey.

The trio is planning a 447-unit rental apartment building in Jersey City, sources involved in the project told the Wall Street Journal. The Kushner-KABR partnership plans to put $38.5 million of its own equity into the deal, and the rest will be paid with a $90 million construction loan and $65M in mezzanine financing tied to a federal government visa program, the Journal reported. The details of the Trump Organization’s involvement were not immediately clear.

The project could break ground in a few days, according to the paper.

“Jared is a very talented young man — it is going to be a great project,” Trump said in a statement to the Journal.

The development will be called Trump Bay Street and be located next to Trump Plaza Residences at 88 Morgan Street, a 55-story condominium completed six years ago by Dean Geibel, who engineered the project in a licensing deal with Trump.

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

« Reply #1 on: 05-12-2014, 12:52pm »