Author Topic: Departed Soles Brewing Company  (Read 4174 times)

Offline shahaggy

• View Profile
Jersey City brewery takes home medal from World Beer Cup
« Reply #6 on: 05-10-2016, 08:44am »
Craft beer lovers in Jersey City can now say their city is home to an international award winning brew.

Departed Soles Brewing Company, a brew house at 150 Bay St., took home a bronze medal during the awards ceremony for the World Beer Cup in Philadelphia.

Located in the Powerhouse Arts District, the brewery won the medal in the Gluten Free Category for "A Dark Night," one of its two 100 percent gluten-free beers. 

Over 6,500 beers were entered into the 2016 Word Beer Cup, coming from 1,907 breweries from 55 countries. Judges gave out gold, silver, and bronze medals in most of the 96 style categories.

more...
[04:53 PM] Soshin: I don't think I've ever had fig spread Darna but I like figs and they make my sphincter sing power ballads

[12:48 PM] Bobblehead: Yo, you know I'm really happy for you and Ima let you finish, but soshin had one of the best meercat shouts of all time

[10:23 PM] skwirrlking: you submitting darna for beards eating cupcakes - mca?

[03:24 PM] Darna: [03:22 PM] jeht'aimeu: skw, you are climbing up my pole as well... 

[02:28 PM] propscene: I DPON"T MEAN I LOVE YOU DEEP INSIDE AS MUCH AS I LOVE HIM DEEP INSIDE OH GOD

[12:58 PM] nikki: i feel like i should like the opposite of whatever jehu says

Online MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jersey City brewery owner toasts friend's memory with gluten-free beer
By Summer Dawn Hortillosa | The Jersey Journal
on May 29, 2015 at 1:02 PM, updated May 29, 2015 at 2:08 PM

As best friends, Brian Kulbacki and Chris Ward did everything together, from geeking out over sneakers to conducting "mad science experiments" to brew gluten-free beer for Ward, who suffered from celiac disease.

So when Ward, a teacher, was killed in a car accident in 2010 while driving to his second job as a server at a restaurant, Kulbacki was devastated.

"I was very rattled and fell off course," said Kulbacki. "My family had to pull me aside and said, 'What can we do to get your life back on track?' And I figured out that the best way to honor his memory and also move on, or cope, would be to revive a dream we had."

The pair had envisioned a brewery where locals could learn about the brewing process and taste their gluten-free sorgum-based brews. Now, thanks to the Hoboken resident's hard work and a successful Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign, that vision is becoming a reality.

Departed Soles Brewing Company, named for the duo's affinity for kicks and Kulbacki's hailing from a funeral-home-owning family, will be just the latest small business livening up the Powerhouse Arts District in Jersey City, along with gelato shop Bucket and Bay. Read more

Offline Rabelais

• View Profile
[02:35 PM] jehu: and the only people on here who gives good advice are few.

Online MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Departed Soles Brewing Company
« Reply #3 on: 04-29-2015, 10:27am »

Offline PuddinPop

• View Profile
Re: Departed Soles Brewing Company
« Reply #2 on: 06-17-2014, 07:47pm »
Jersey City is almost as cool as NoDa ;)
We have 4 on this list. Come visit! Somebody please!
http://www.charlottesgotalot.com/breweries-and-beer-fests

(sorry to hijack)

So there's a craft brewery (Jersey City's first?) opening up this Fall in the Powerhouse Arts District. Check it out.

Departed Soles Brewing Company
150 Bay Street
Suite 2a
Jersey City, NJ 07302

Online MA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06-17-2014, 12:16pm »
So there's a craft brewery (Jersey City's first?) opening up this Fall in the Powerhouse Arts District. Check it out.

150 Bay Street
Suite 2a
Jersey City, NJ 07302

Jersey City, NJ Community Forums

« Reply #1 on: 06-17-2014, 12:16pm »